Translational Research Cardiac Arrhythmias Caused by Channelopathies. ITACA
The ITACA Consortium focus its interest in the diagnosis, genotyping, functional analysis and treatment of patients (probands), and their immediate relatives, suspected to be affected of a cardiac arrhythmia produced by a mutation in a gene(s) encoding a protein that forms the cardiac ionic channel or belongs to the channelosome. The project is coordinated by Dr Juan Tamargo from the School of Medicine at the Complutense University of Madrid.
The ITACA Consortium is composed of 7 partners, including :
a) The Services of Cardiac Electrophysiology of six University Clinical Hospitals of the Autonomous Community of Madrid (CAM):
- Hospital La Paz (HLP). Director: Dr. José Luis López-Sendón
- Hospital San Carlos (HCSC) . Director: Dr. Julian Villacastín
- Hospital Puerta de Hierro (HPH) . Director: Jorge Toquero
- Hospital Ramón y Cajal (HRyC) . Director: Antonio Hernández
- Hospital 12 de Octubre (H12O) . Director: Dr. Fernando Arribas
- Hospital Universitario de Getafe (HUG) . Director: Francisco Garcia-Cosio
b) Two groups of Basic Research:
- The laboratory of Cellular Cardiac Electrophysiology of the Department of Pharmacology in the School of Medicine of the University Complutense of Madrid. Director: Dr. Juan Tamargo
- The laboratory of Genetics of Cardiac Arrhythmias of the Cardiovascular Institute of the Hospital Clínico San Carlos of Madrid. Director: Dr. Antonio López-Farré.